Aramco Overseas Company B.V. India
The AOC India office opened on January 19, 2010. It enables AOC to take advantage of cost-effective sourcing opportunities and to develop business relationships in the important emerging markets of South Asia.
AOC India’s geographical area of responsibility is considerable. We cover eight countries – India, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and the Philippines.
Our main tasks include:
- Strategic sourcing and registration of major oil and gas equipment manufacturers and engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) from India and Southeast Asia.
- Performing engineering and inspection evaluations and plant audits for identified manufacturers.
- Encouraging major oil and gas equipment manufacturers to establish manufacturing facilities in Saudi Arabia.
- Supporting Saudi Aramco with any additional material requirement support.
- We have to understand different cultures in order to successfully achieve identified business goals.
- We deal with government authorities from each country and try to obtain facts relating to the country’s industrial manufacturing base.
- We identify and share experiences with business partners (national oil companies and EPCs).
- We regularly meet with lawyers, accountants and representatives from chambers of commerce and embassies.
Our people include sourcing specialists who identify major suppliers and EPCs, and who support the Kingdom’s economy through the Local Content initiative. We also have inspection engineers who identify and evaluate manufacturers.
AOC India provides the following function to Saudi Aramco:
An inside story
Aramco’s entrance to the Indian subcontinent has helped unleash real potential for Indian oil and gas equipment manufacturers and service providers. We are helping establish business relationships and opening avenues for capital investment opportunities by setting up manufacturing facilities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In fact, in the first few months of 2010 we successfully encouraged 12 companies to establish manufacturing facilities in the Kingdom. We continue to identify new partners and these are being evaluated for registration with Saudi Aramco.
REGISTER TO BECOME A SUPPLIER
If you are interested in becoming an AOC approved supplier, please visit our doing business section.